If you are getting 0x800CCC0B error while sending an email then you should first check the server configuration info in MS-Outlook. In this case of error, generally user not able to send the email because the 0x800CCC0B error in Outlook generally occurs due to the wrong SMTP server details. You may experience when you receive or send an email message in Outlook.
- Error Message: An unknown error has occurred. Account: ‘ email@example.com’, Server: ‘mail.yourdomain.com’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B.
- Task ‘machine.domain.xom – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800CCC0B): ‘Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B’.
How to fix error 0x800CCC0B
Method 1: Make sure that your Outlook email account settings are correct.
- Click on the “Account Settings” under the “Tools” menu.
- Click on the “Email” and make a double click on the email address by which you are not able to send emails.
- Through double click other pop-up windows will appear, now click on “More Settings buttons.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox.
Method 2: Check your antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions or Disable the antivirus software. And Disable the firewall in the router.
If you found outlook is working fine after disable the antivirus software, highly recommended to uninstall the same using their removal tool and reinstall it.