The error code 0xc004f017 for Microsoft office occurs while activating the office. This office activation error 0xc004f017 occurs on all versions of MS office like office 2013, office 2016, office 2019, and office 365. Normally this error code shows like below.
ERROR CODE: 0xC004F017
ERROR TEXT: The Software Licensing Service reported that the license is not installed.
<Product activation failed>
How to fix error code 0xc004f017?
Repair MS Office
The first and easy option to fix any errors in MS office is repair.
- Go to the start menu and click the control panel to open the programs and select Programs and Features.
- Click on the office program you need to repair and click on change.
- In the next step click on Quick Repair.
- After completion of office repair, you may need to restart the computer.
Reinstall MS Office
If still the problem occurs after the repair of the MS office, we need to uninstall and reinstall the office.
- Uninstall the MS office and remove the leftovers.
- Install the MS office.
- Activate the office by entering your License key or log in to Microsoft account.