When Windows 10 is unable to retrieve information required to install or enable the.NET Framework 3.5 on your computer, the error 0X800f081f appears. When using an installation wizard or the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to install the framework, you may experience the problem.
What is error 0x800f081f?
0x800F081F is one of four error codes that all pertain to the same issue. The other three error codes are 0x800F0906, 0x800F0907, and 0x800F0922. A Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 incompatibility is the root of each of these problem codes.
How to fix error 0x800f081f?
Method 1: Configure Group Policy
Because the component setting in Group Policy is disabled, the 0x800F081F error may occur. You should turn it on to see if it solves the problem.
- To open the Run box, hit the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- Enter the command “gpedit.msc” on your keyboard.
- Select Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System from the drop-down menu.
- Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair by double-clicking Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
- Enabled should be selected. Then press OK.
- NET Framework 3.5 if you haven’t already. You won’t see the error again if this method works for you.
Method 2: DISM scan
To activate the.NET Framework on your PC and avoid the annoying 0X800f081f problem, use the DISM command. However, before you begin, you must first create a Windows 10 ISO file.
- Navigate to File Explorer.
- To mount the ISO as a virtual disc, double-click it. Alternatively, right-click the image and choose Mount from the menu. If your PC has many virtual drives, you may need to choose a favorite disc to load the file.
- Take note of the drive’s ISO label (or letter) (e.g., L, G, F)
- By putting “CMD” into Windows Search, right-clicking on the “Command Prompt” search result, and selecting “Run as administrator,” you can open the Command Prompt.
- G is the name of the virtual disc that contains the Windows 10 ISO image. As you edit the command, be sure you don’t change any of the space.
- Press the Enter key.
Method 3: Reinstall .NET Framework 3.5
If none of the above options work, you may need to reinstall the.NET Framework on your computer. If the 0X800f081f problem remains after you’ve enabled the framework using Windows Features, try this method.
- Type “program and features” into Windows Search and hit Enter.
- In the “Programs and Features” panel, select “Programs and Features.” Activate or deactivate Windows features Windows Features should be enabled.
- Deselect the most recent version of the framework (for example,.NET 4.6) to disable it and the .NET Framework 4.6 should be deselected.
- Select OK.
- After deleting the most recent version of the utility from your PC, enable the framework by checking the box next to.NET Framework 3.5 (includes.NET 2.0 and 3.0). Choose.NET Framework 3.5.
- Select OK.
- To install.NET 3.5 on your PC, follow the on-screen instructions.
We are confident that the solutions presented in this post will assist you in resolving the Windows Error 0x800f081f. If none of these options work, we recommend updating to a newer version of Windows.